- The source of the title "THX-1138" is the mnemonic form of George Lucas's phone number in San Francisco when he was a student.
- George Lucas claims that the scene where technicians mess with THX's nervous system, sending him into comical spasms, was drawn from his antipathy towards the doctors who treated him after his near-fatal car crash as a youth.
- The underground chase near the end was shot in a not-yet-completed segment of the BART subway system in San Francisco.
- The music playing during the end credits is the first movement from J.S. Bach's St. Matthew Passion, BWV 244.
- Shortly after THX-1138 steals a police car, and shortly before his fellow escapee crashes the one he tries to steal, you can hear someone on the radio say, "I think I ran over a wookie back there on the expressway."
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute